safe at samesun
Covid 19 updates
The well-being of our guests and employees continues to be of the utmost importance to us and our commitment to health and cleanliness is stronger than ever!
- We understand plans may change suddenly, so we’re offering 24-hour last-minute cancellation.
- Strict mask-wearing and 2m social distancing are still in place at our Venice Beach, Hollywood, and Montreal location
WE ARE SERIOUSLY OPEN. AND WE ARE TAKING CORONAVIRUS SERIOUSLY. FOR YOUR HEALTH, AND OURS.
The Samesun family is doing everything in our power to provide a safe place for you to stay during the COVID-19 pandemic. The well-being of our guests and staff is our number one priority so you can rest assured that we’ll be welcoming you into a clean and cared for environment.
What We’re Doing
We want to make sure that you don’t have any reservations about making a reservation! Here is our 5 part COVID-19 action plan:
Front Desk and Lobby
- We’ve changed our processes to minimize guest contact with the front desk staff.
- Staff are onsite 24/7 to assist and answer questions
- Social distancing measures are being implemented to keep your 2m personal space bubble intact
- Best practice posters are displayed throughout the hostels and all lobby brochures, magazines and papers have been removed.
- All payment points have contactless options (no touchy!)
- Enhanced sanitization procedures are in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hostel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the hostel.
- Guests have the option of having their temperature taken when they check in if they are feeling unwell.
Guest Room and Housekeeping
- Our rooms are spotless! We have enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols in guest rooms. Extra attention is being paid to all high touch points including door handles, light switches, lockers, bunks are being cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19. Take that Covid!
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be available by request.
- All bedding will be washed and treated at high temperatures
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed in all public areas for guests and employees – ooh squooshy!
- We have rejigged our furniture in common areas to accommodate social distancing
- Regular deep cleaning is carried out on all carpets and upholstery.
Hostel Employees and Staff Requirements
- Hostel employees are following strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment and frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell and communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management.
What you can do
- You’ve heard it a thousand times before, but remember to wash your hands! And if you need to sneeze or cough, please do so into your elbow or shoulder.
- Please adhere to our social distancing guidelines within the hostel, including kitchens and bathrooms. There is information provided throughout the hostel.