OCEAN BEACH HOSTEL
San Diego is called ‘America’s Finest City’, and for many visitors, it’s easy to see why. Many will attribute this title to San Diego’s weather: warm, sunny and Southern Californian. And while this is true, the city itself lends itself further to this reputation. While the downtown core and Gaslamp districts provide many visitors with their first glimpses of San Diego, it’s the beaches and coastline that really draw folks in to what this city has to offer.
Ocean Beach is one of these such beaches, and our favourite neighborhood in the city.
It’s easy to forget that you are in fact in one of California’s largest cities while you stroll along Newport Avenue, watching the locals at the plethora of cafes or breweries, strolling by with surfboards and yoga mats. There is still a laidback, hippy vibe to this community, and our colorful hostel is right in the heart of it all.
Our hostel makes a great base to explore all that San Diego has to offer, in both Ocean Beach and beyond. We offer a wide range of dorms and private rooms, many of which have been recently renovated. We also have a guest kitchen and laundry, but what really stands this hostel out from the rest, is the large outdoor communal spaces. Ocean Beach retains a relaxed California attitude, and our hostel embraces this feeling.
Ocean Beach – Know Before You Go
(Please also read the FAQ page which includes Samesun’s hostel policies before you book)
- We require guests who are not vaccinated to wear masks when inside of the building. Those who are vaccinated are not required to wear a mask inside per current CA rules and regulations. We recommend all guests wear a mask for their own safety and the safety of others.
- All guests must be 18+ at the time of check-in with valid state ID or passport. Fail to provide valid ID will result in you being turned away and charged for your first night as a same-day cancellation (as we require 24 hours’ notice to cancel for free).
- We are currently only accepting credit/debit cards for payment. All guests must have a card in their name in order to check-in for their reservation. No prepaid cards will be accepted. We do not allow credit card authorizations which allow another person (not present) to pay for the reservation.
- We do not accept locals at this location, which would include anyone residing within San Diego county. If you have an ID from within San Diego county but do not live here then we would need to see proof of your living elsewhere (an electric bill, rent bill, phone bill with your current non San Diego address).
- Our activities are posted weekly, they are subject to change but if you call the week of your reservation you’ll get the most up-to-date info. Also, check out our activity partners @t_e_m_p_l_a_t_e on Instagram for even more events!
WHY GUESTS LOVE SAMESUN OCEAN BEACH
24 HOUR STAFF
24 HOUR STAFF
All Amenities & Facilities
DORMS & PRIVATES
DORMS & PRIVATES
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
Reception hours: 24/7
Check-in: 3:00 pm – 2:00 am (any check-ins after 2:00 am must call to reserve a spot)
Check-out: 11:00 am
- Samesun Ocean Beach
- 4961 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107
- 1 (619) 376 6477
- [email protected]create new email