WANT TO WORK IN A BACKPACKER HOSTEL?
Check our job postings regularly for updated listings for hostel jobs in Montreal, Vancouver, Venice Beach, Kelowna and Banff. Samesun Backpackers are often expanding, renovating, building and always have exciting adventures ahead! Hostel jobs range from housekeeping, front desk, maintenance, bar & restaurant service – we value a strong work ethic and good teams skills to create a fun and enjoyable work environment!
SAMESUN KELOWNA ARE HIRING
HIRING NIGHT RECEPTIONIST
Come work in an environment that’s young, fun and relaxed! Samesun Kelowna is hiring a Night Receptionist for overnight shifts and offering a cheap staff accommodation rate as well.
The successful applicant will have the ability to be pro-active and self-manage and can be friendly even in sometimes hectic situations. Responsibilities include:
– Provide great customer service with a smile
– Handle check ins and check outs
– Monitor hostel security
– Handle email correspondence
– Handle guest inquiries and issues
– Maintain a clean, secure and welcoming environment
– Help keep the hostel quiet overnight
– Make bookings and correct booking errors
– Handle laundry
– Set up breakfast
– Extra duties that may be assigned by the Manager or Assistant Managers.Preferred Experience:
– previous work in the service industry, especially in hospitality
– previous stays in hostels
– authorized to work Canada
– bilingual a plus — English proficiency required
– computer literacy required
– travel experience
– knowledge of surrounding area
5 nights per week, 10 pm to 3 am. Then on call from 3 am to 7 am. Receptionist is released from duty at 3 am and free to go to bed, but must be able to wake to answer any guest calls.
Hourly Wage is $14, time and a half on certain holidays, free stays in our other locations. Discounted rate in staff dorm.
Contact Samesun Kelowna via phone or email to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
• Check back again soon as we are constantly updating this page •
Samesun is always on the lookout for eager students for internship positions.
If you are a student looking to complete your internship hours we have positions available for you at the Vancouver, Banff and Kelowna backpacker hostels. All internships must qualify with your current school and are unpaid. We will provide accommodation to those that require it. All candidates must be 18 years or older.
Please use the application form (link above).
WORK FOR STAY
Please note – we do not offer work for stay programs as it is currently illegal in Canada. Please only apply if you have a valid work permit.
Want to stay for FREE?
Contribute to our backpacker blogs & you could WIN a FREE night’s accommodation. All you have to do is tell us about your travel stories; what it’s like to be a backpacker in Canada, getting a job overseas, crazy adventures with new friends & why the hostel life is a way of life.
Check out details for our backpacker blogs.
Check out some recruitment groups in Vancouver that pick up & drop off right at Samesun’s doorstep.
Contact Pristine Labour for construction & warehousing opportunities.