LOOKING FOR WORK IN A BACKPACKER HOSTEL?
Samesun Banff is looking for a Kitchen Manager to join their team in March.
The position would require 30-35 hours a week, and training would ideally begin at the start of March on site in Banff with independent work beginning soon after.
The responsibilities of the position include:
· Working 4-5 shifts in the kitchen a week.
· Ensuring that all preparation and cleaning duties are done as required.
· Ordering food and supplies weekly.
· Managing food costs and keeping wastage/spillage to a minimum.
· Ensuring food storage, handling, and rotation is performed in line with Alberta Health guidelines.
· Ensuring that the kitchen consistently meets Alberta health and safety requirements.
· Writing a weekly schedule for yourself and one/two other kitchen staff members.
· Completing an accurate stock-take and inventory count once a month.
The successful applicant would:
· Be trustworthy and responsible
· Be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
· Be available for training in Banff from the start of March
· Be planning to live in Banff for a minimum of 4 months
· Have some knowledge of the Samesun organization and the atmosphere it fosters
· Some kitchen experience is desirable
Samesun Kelowna are looking for a part time housekeeper
Join our fun team of travelers working in our custom built hostel in central Kelowna. The housekeeping position would be part time with a minimum of 10 hours p/week with potential for more. No experience necessary and on the job training provided but a good work ethic and a responsible attitude is a must. Samesun’s motto is: work hard, play hard!
Join our team today! Use the contact form below.
Samesun is always on the lookout for eager students for internship positions.
If you are a student looking to complete your internship hours we have positions available for you at the Vancouver, Banff and Kelowna backpacker hostels. All internships must qualify with your current school and are unpaid. We will provide accommodation to those that require it. All candidates must be 18 years or older.
Please use contact form below.
If you think you would be the perfect fit for our team & would like to leave a resume for the future, please use the contact form below.
Please give as much details as possible. Tell us your arrival date, length of stay, desired job.
Please note – we do not offer work for stay programs as it is currently illegal in Canada. Please only apply if you have a valid work permit.
Want to stay for FREE?
Contribute to our backpacker blogs & you could WIN a FREE night’s accommodation. All you have to do is tell us about your travel stories; what it’s like to be a backpacker in Canada, getting a job overseas, crazy adventures with new friends & why the hostel life is a way of life.
Check out details for our backpacker blogs.
Check out some recruitment groups in Vancouver that pick up & drop off right at Samesun’s doorstep.
Contact Pristine Labour for construction & warehousing opportunities.